1) Slice the bread into four (or six) equal parts – depending on the size of sandwich you prefer.
2) In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil together and sauté the onion until slightly soft. Season with salt, remove cooked onions from skillet and set aside.
3) In the same skillet, over high heat, sear the steak strips until brown. About one minute per side. NOTE: Do not stir the meat. You want it brown. Use tongs or a fork to flip.
4) Season with salt, pepper, and parsley flakes.
5) Remove steak from heat.
6) Divide steak among your pre-sliced bread.
7) Cover the steak with onions and (if desired) a slice of Swiss cheese.
8 ) Spread a thin layer of butter on the outside of sandwich.
9) Press in a sandwich press
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Large White Onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 24 Inch Loaf of Cuban bread (Or your favorite baguette-type bread)
- 1 Pd. Boneless Rib-Eye steak, sliced into half-inch strips (This makes all the difference)
- 6 Slices Swiss cheese (optional)