1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and then fry the pasta with half of the chopped onions until the pasta turns light brown. 2. Remove the pasta from the pan and reserve for later.
2. Add the chopped green peppers and the remaining chopped onions to the pan and sauté until brown. Stir in the crushed tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes more.
3. Stir in the sliced squid and shrimp tails and cook until done. Then stir in the reserved pasta and the fish stock, and saffron and add the previously cooked mussels and clams. Finish by adding salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, bake at 390°F for 10–12 minutes until the pasta is dry with the ends up. Note: This dish is usually accompanied with alioli sauce (garlic mayonnaise) see recipe following.
You may also top the dish with a grilled fish fillet or deboned chicken breast. Paella has many variations and is a great dish for adding your favorite ingredients.
1/4 cup olive oil
12 oz. angel hair pasta 1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic (peeled and minced) 1 green pepper, chopped 2 tomatoes, grated or crushed
2 squid, sliced
8 ozs shrimp tails cleaned and shelled
1/2 dozen mussels, previously cooked
12 clams (small, in shells, suitable for teaming, about 1 lb.; optional, scrubbed)
3 1/2 cups fish stock or chicken stock
A pinch of Saffron for color and taste
Salt and pepper
Optional aioli sauce recipe:
This garlic-laden mayo is a sauce for people who take to garlic. Can also be used as a sauce or dip for a whole host of cooked and raw vegies, greens, hard cooked eggs and seafood. As an appetizer spread for bread.
1. Place all ingredients, except the olive oil, into a bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
2. If you have an electric mixer with wire beaters, use them during this next step, or continue with the whisk.
3. While beating constantly, add the oil a few drops at a time.
4. Slowly increase the flow to a light drizzle until you've used all the oil and the sauce has thickened.
5. Allow the sauce to meld at room temp for several hours before using.
8 garlic cloves, pressed
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup olive oil