1. Prehead the oven to 375 degrees. Spread one half of each bun with mayonnaise, and the remaining halves with mustard. Distribute the filling ingredients eaqually between the mayonnaise-spread halves, starting with the pickle, followed by the cheese, pork and ham, and top with the mustard-spread halves, making 2 sandwiches.
2. Place the sandwiches on a lightly oiled baking shhet and brush the tops lightly with butter. Place a heavy cast-iron skillet over both sandwiches to weigh them down and bake util crisp and hot, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2 - Buns Soft egg buns egg dinner rolls, halved.
- 1 - Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 - Teaspoon Prepared mustard
- 2 - Pickles Small dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise.
- 2 - Slices Swiss cheese.
- 4 - Ounces Thinly sliced cooked pork loin or roast pork.
- 4 - Ounces Sliced boiled or baked ham.
- 1/2 - Teaspoon Salted butter for brushing.