Cuban Cookbook has more than 170 trusted original Cuban recipes and cooking tips. Enjoy!
Cuban Stuffed Potatoes- Papa Rellenas Recipe
Papa Rellenas Recipe
Cuban Stuffed Potatoes (Papas Rellenas) is a very popular Cuban dish, you can serve it as snack, lunch or dinner.
- Boil potatoes until they are fully cooked
- Drain and mash the potatoes – adding the salt, garlic powder and warm milk. (do not add butter)
- Let cool. Grab a handful of the mashed potatoes and make a small bowl (about the size of half a large golf ball), making an indentation in the middle.
- Stuff the indentations with picadillo and bring the two halves together and smooth the outside. You should have a small picadillo-stuffed potato at this point. (Repeat until you run out of potatoes or picadillo)
- Beat the eggs with water until they are fluffy.
- Dip the rellena into the beaten egg, then roll them in the breadcrumbs mixture until lightly covered. Repeat once more.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow them to cool down to room temperature before frying
- Fill a large frying pan with enough oil to cover half a ball
- Fry each ball at least 2 minutes per side, turning once – or at least until they’re golden brown.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp. salt & garlic powder
- Parsley for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Warm milk
- Picadillo (you can find the recipe here) The picadillo is the filling for the Papas Rellenas.
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 Tbsp. Water
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
Kitchen friendly Recipe view
2 Users have rated. Average Rating 5Click on the stars to rate.
RECIPE OF THE DAY