Crème de Vie (Cuban Egg Nog)1 can sweetened condensed milk
Marta's Cuban-American Kitchen
•1 can evaporated milk
•6 egg yolks
•2 cups sugar
•1 cup water
•1 tsp. vanilla
•½ cup white rum
1) Mix the sugar and water together over very low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves – about 3 minutes. It has to be just low enough so that the sugar doesn’t carmelize, but makes a thick sugary water.
2) Put the egg yolks in a blender and mix with the condensed milk.
3) Slowly add the evaporated milk and mix completely.
4) Flavor with the vanilla.
5) Pour the mixture into the sugar-water and mix together.
6) Finally stir in the rum (as a preservative. =D)
Makes about 5 cups, or two and a half bottles.