Rub about 2/3rds of the garlic into the steaks on both sides
2) Squeeze the juice of one of the limes onto the steaks.
3) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Place the steaks into a plastic ziplock bag.
5) Add the sliced onion to the bag.
6) Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinate – preferably
overnight, but at least for one hour.
7) Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry. Reserve the marinade. Set
the onions aside. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
9) Fry the steaks quickly about 1 minute per side and remove to a warm platter.
10) Squeeze the juice of the other lime into the pan and stir, this will
“clean” any burnt bits from the pan.
11) Add the remaining marinade, onions and garlic to the lime juice and quickly
stir together over medium heat for about 5 minutes. The onions should still be
crisp and the garlic should not be brown.
12) Pour the onion mixture over the steaks on the platter. And garnish with the
chopped fresh parsley.
Serve with French Fries
lbs. Top Sirloin steak – sliced very thin
10 garlic cloves – diced
Juice of 2 fresh limes
1 yellow onion thinly sliced
Salt and coarse black pepper to taste
Olive oil (twice around the pan)
3 Tbsp. Fresh chopped parsley