1. In a large Casserole, heat the oil over low heat, then cook the onion, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring, 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, except the lime, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
2. Remove the fish with a slotted spoon and flake. Set it aside.
3. In a food processor, puree the soup in several batches. Correct the seasonings, add the flaked fish, and serve hot or cold with a wedge of lime.
- 1/3 Cup - pure Spansih olive oil
- 3 Potatoes - large all-purpose potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 Tomatoes - large, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Pounds - firm fish (cod or sole) fillets, tied in cheesecloth
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- 1 Onion large Spanish onion, quartered
- 10 Sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Lemon Juice of one lemon
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 -Cloves ground cumin
- A few dashes of Tabasco sauce, optional
- 6 Cups fish stock or clam juice